2015年10月19日月曜日

Karpersky Internet Security blocks IMAP folder listing?

Recently I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2014 version, because it seems to block updating Ethernet (Intel I217-LM) driver. Finally I succeeded to update the driver, and then I reinstalled KIS --- actually, upgraded KIS to 2016 version.

Suddenly after installation, Thunderbird (open-source mail client) complained some IMAP folders cannot be found, and so message filter rules associated with those folders were disabled. Indeed those folders were not listed on Thunderbird, even though they were seen when I accessed to mail service via Web interface.

Pausing KIS and restarting Thunderbird, those folders were successfully listed. So KIS must be the cause of the problem. I tried to toggle each of KIS protection functions on/off, and eventually found that the problem is solved when I disable BOTH of two functions below:

  • "Scan POP3/SMTP/NNTP/IMAP traffic" option in e-Mail protection menu
  • Anti-Spam function
I hope this article might help someone who have similar problem. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

英語配列のノートPCで日本語配列設定にしちゃった時に、アンダースコアを入力するTips

US配列のLG gram SuperSlimを購入した。で、Windowsの初期セットアップを始めたところ、最初に選択できるキー配列はMicrosoft IME(まあ要するに日本語配列)だけ。で、その後に「追加のキー配列」を選択できるのだが、後でやればいいやと思ってスルーしてしま...